Skip to content

About The Ben Jonson

About Us

The newly refurbished Ben Jonson is a beautiful, traditional Oxfordshire village pub that was named after the famous poet and playwright Ben Jonson, generally regarded as the second most important English dramatist after William Shakespeare, who stayed at the pub on his way to meet Shakespeare.

More recently The Ben Jonson was taken over by Lee & Kayleigh who closed the restaurant for 2 months when they took over in September 2019 to renovate the Interior which has now been transformed into a cosy yet elegant space to enjoy.

Their vision was to bring people together in community to enjoy nutritious food that caters to everyone rather than individuals feelings singled out for eating a diet that suits their lifestyle, needs, values or individual preference by creating a spectacular menu using natural ingredients. They have successfully achieved this with their menus being 95% gluten free (and the other 5% gluten free alternative) with lots of options for vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters to all order from the same menu!

With Kayleigh’s background experience of Health Coaching and Interior Design it was her dream to give life to a restaurant where she could combine her two passions. Alongside Lee’s creativity and lifetime of business experience, they have now successfully taken The Ben Jonson from a failed business to achieving a 5 star rating in just 7 months of trading!

For all enquiries or to make a reservation then please contact us. 

Take a look at The Ben Jonson